UPDATE: According to a report by the Caledonia Police Department, the cause of the fire was the hundreds of cigarette butts smoldering in a plastic bucket near the back door of the residence.
ORIGINAL STORY: Fire fighters, rescue and law enforcement officials battled a house fire that consumed a large portion of the back of a residence at 6942 Willowbrook Road at about 2:10 p.m. today.
Sebrina Miller, who lives in the house with her brother, said she, her two boys, two dogs and two kittens were inside the house at time.
"I was sitting at my computer and I saw smoke going over and I looked out the bay window and the whole back of the house was burning," she said. "I grabbed the boys and one of the dogs, who came with me, and we left."
Two kittens were still inside the house. Miller said she's not sure if they are OK or not and would be surprised if they were.
Fire officials don't have not determined the cause of the fire at this time.
However, Miller's neighbor said he heard a loud pop, and looked outside to see Miller's back porch on fire.
According to scanner reports listed by Racine Uncovered, power lines are down, and WE Energies is going to the scene.
Multiple units, including the Racine and South Shore fire departments, are being called to assist.
Patch is on scene, and we will update this story as we get details.