Caledonia Historical Society Prepares For Homecoming Festival
Honor southeastern Wisconsin's heritage by going to the Caledonia Historical Society's Coming Home event. This free event will feature the “new” 1840 Ruud log cabin and the Myers Museum.
Step back in time at the Caledonia Historical Society’s Home Coming event from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 15 and 16 at Linwood Park, 5900 W 5 Mile Rd.
This free event will feature the “new” 1840 Ruud log cabin and the Myers Museum. The flag raising will start off the event at 10 a.m. Saturday and the day will finish with a homemade pie auction. You can take a tour of the “new” 1840 Ruud Log cabin and the Myers Museum; listen to an Appalachian storyteller, Sari Semple, portrayed by Jessica Michna.
You can also:
- See presentations on butter churning, Victorian Mourning Traditions, Blair Mountain Miners Revolt and Civil War fashion show.
- If you like Dixieland music head over to the Depot at noon for the K-Town Dixie Ramblers.
- Visit the period encampments of civilian and military re-enactors; hear the boom of a Civil War cannon and the clang of a blacksmith.
- Kids can try to find all the signs in our Hobo Scavenger Hunt.
- Meet a real life hero, Mr. LeRoy Amborn, WW2 veteran and guard at the Nuremburg prison.
- Come back Sunday morning for a WW2 field church service, hear First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt as Jessica Michna returns with another of her famous portrayals.
- Listen to the melodic strains of a mountain dulcimer and wrap up your weekend listening to the eclectic music of “Time after Thyme.”