Village Of Caledonia Meetings Calendar
Get involved in your local government. Here's when they are meeting and what they'll be talking about it.
Legislative/Licensing Committee: 4 p.m. Monday, June 25, 2012 at the East Side Community Center, 6156 Douglas Ave.
- Discuss revisions to new Title 18 (current chapter 2 of Title 14) of the Village’s Code of Ordinances (Road Construction, Drainage and Development)
- Discuss revising Chapter 3 of Title 14 of the Village’s Code of Ordinances (Major
- Resolution 2012-15 – Resolution of the Village Board of the Village of Caledonia Revising Procedures, Fees, and Charges for Enforcement of Noxious Weed and Lawn Grass Length Requirements
- Ordinance 2012-04 –An Ordinance To Amend Sections 8-1-2 And 8-1-4 Of The Code Of Ordinances Of The Village Of Caledonia, Racine County, Wisconsin, Relating To Destruction Of Noxious Weeds And Regulation Of Length Of Lawn And Grasses On Residential or Commercial Properties
Zoning Board of Appeals: public hearing at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, June 26, 2012, in the East Side Community Center at 6156 Douglas Avenue,
- The purpose of the hearing is to hear appeals for relief from Chapter 20 (Zoning) of the Racine County Code of Ordinances, which has been adopted by the Village pursuant to Title 16 of the Code of Ordinances of the Village of Caledonia of SK Investment Partners, 4900 Six Mile Rd. Requests a variance to remove an existing pole sign and construct a 6’ x 8’ (sign copy area) and 5’ x 6’ (base area) internally illuminated 14’ high monument sign with a 2’-5” x 6’ electronic changeable reader board located at 4900 6 Mile Rd., Section 12, T4N, R22E, Village of Caledonia. The permit was denied and a variance is requested as the proposed sign base is not wider than the sign copy area, the height of the sign exceeds maximum height allowed, the sign face is greater than 3’ above the ground, and the LED portion of the sign exceeds 30% of the sign copy area.
Caledonia Village Board: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 26, 2012, at East Side Community Center, 6156 Douglas Avenue, Racine
- Request by Cindy Devuono to verify whether the land division that occurred by deed dated July 14, 1998 and recorded on July 17, 1998 that divided a 40 acre parcel into a 13 acre parcel with house with an address of 7215 Botting Road and a 27 acre parcel with an address of 5538 6 Mile Road was a legal land division or in the alternative for the Board to decide whether it will waive the requirements of Title 14 of the code of ordinances to memorialize the land division from 1998.
- The Village Board will take up a motion to go into CLOSED SESSION to discuss options for shared fire fighting services.
Caledonia Plan Commission: Public hearings and meeting, 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 27 at the East Side Community Center, 6156 Douglas Avenue
- Amendment of the land use plan and rezone from R-2 Suburban Residential District (Unsewered) and R-3 Suburban Residential District (Sewered) to B-5 Highway Business District. This property is located at 8644 CTH "V" & contains 10.368 acres, more or less.
- Request a conditional use to occupy a site & existing building with a small
trucking company, d.b.a. J & B Express, LLC; 8644 CTH "V."
- Request for Conditional Use/to occupy an existing barn & site with a veterinarian clinic, 4338 Hwy 38, Robert Chmielewski, Owner/Sylvia Minnis, Applicant
- Site Plan Review/to operate a pre-school in a portion of an existing church, Franksville United Methodist Church Academy of Preschool Learning, Inc.
- Site Plan Review/to construct a 30’ x 45’ addition to an existing open-sided pavilion at Witt’s End bar, 11601 Hwy G
- Report on the Community Development Authority