Spike 'n Splash, presented by Real Racine, brings two days of action to Racine's North Beach this Saturday and Sunday, June 16-17. The annual event is an exciting combination of beach volleyball and watercraft racing.
Spectator admission is free to all events. North Beach is one of USA TODAY's "51 Great American Beaches." The EVP Pro Beach Volleyball and Grand Prix of Watercross viewing areas are wheelchair accessible.
Here's a rundown of the weekend schedule:
EVP Pro Beach Volleyball.
- Two-person teams compete for a $5,000 purse starting at 10 a.m. Saturday.
- A clinic with EVP pros starts at 11 a.m.
- Semi-final games start at 3:30 p.m.
- The finals start at 5 p.m.
Grand Prix of Watercross.
- More than 200 watercraft teams from across the country vie for $10,000 in prizes from 10:15 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
- Pro Roundabout races are 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Autograph sessions with the pros (with free T-shirts) are at 11:20 a.m., 11:50 a.m., 12:50 p.m. and 1:20 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Pro freestyle finals are at 12 p.m. Sunday.
Food, beverages, entertainment.
- Food and beverages from Danny's Meats and Catering will be available for purchase on the beach. New this year are barbeque pork sliders served on King's Hawaiian buns. King's Hawaiian is a 2012 EVP sponsor.
- Beachfront Oasis is open from 9 a.m.to 9 p.m. both days. Free live music from Step-n-Out is 6-9 p.m. Saturday. Folkswagon appears 2-6 p.m. Sunday.
Click HERE to view and download a detailed Spike 'n Splash 2012 schedule. See you at the beach!