This was a "re-invention" from a recipe I had tried at a friend's house. These appetizers are a huge hit. Make sure to use high quality ingredients, especially for the blue cheese, crab meat and bacon. Try to get smoked bacon. Here in Wisconsin I buy Nueske Bacon.
6oz crab meat
1/2 cup blue cheese
8oz salmon cream cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8 slices of smoked bacon
- Make a longitudinal cut only on one side of each jalapeño.
- Remove all seeds from the jalapeños.
- In a bowl mix crab meat, blue cheese, cream cheese and shredded mozzarella.
- Stuff each jalapeño with the mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño with a slice of bacon and put them in a oven safe deep dish.
- Put them in the oven at low broil for about 15 minutes.
- Serve while hot.