Invite a friend
River Bend Nature Center Open House
Come by to celebrate the grand re-opening of a true Racine jewel, River Bend Nature Center! There will be free fun for all ages including nature walks, art activities, animal displays/learning centers, kayak demonstrations, and more. Find out what will be offered in the future and how you, your family, and your friends can be involved. A FREE Rainbarrel Raffle will also be held.
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Music by Mueller and Hill
- Owl Presentation Kathy Trentadue in cooperation with Caledonia Conservancy
- Craig Helker, DNR will present a water study/ citizen science talk
- Take a Birdwalk Rick Fare, of Hoy Audubon
- Learn about Monarch Butterfly Migration with Teacher Naturalist, Nancy Carlson
- Owl Presentation
- Kayak Demonstration with Dave Schultz from Longboat Kayak at the canoe launch.
11:30 a.m. Woodland Hike with Racine City Forester, Matt Koepnick
- Owl Presentation with Kathy
- Woodland Hike with Matt
- Owl Presentation
- Birdwalk with Rick
- Butterfly Talk with Nancy
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Outdoor exhibits, displays, presentations
- Invasive Species Information Table courtesy of Melissa Warner of The Southeast Gateway Group, Sierra Club and Weed Out! Racine
- Wildlife Carving Club, Dave Westman
- Kids Crafts - make a dragonfly/worm art painting
- Self guided options for family hikes.
- Woodland Discovery Walks
- Membership Signup/ Donation Station. Fund Development committee
- Suggestion Board for community input
- History and Picture Board Taxidermy table
- Slideshow presentation of River Band Nature Shots,
- Donated by volunteer naturalist, Glenn Hickson.
- BEAM (Bat Education Awareness and Monitoring) display, Melissa Warner
- Wildlife Carving Club. Main Cabin
More About River Bend Nature Center
The River Bend Nature Center is owned by Racine County and operated by River Bend Nature Center Inc. It often hosts nature camps for children, but it also rents out cross-country skis and canoes. The nature center is situated along the Root River.
Other events here
- Look Who is at the Front Door Now – The Ever-changing Insect Invasions in Wisconsin at River Bend Wed, May 29, 9:30 am–11:30 am