We've always known that Caledonia leans green, but when we posted a photo of a wildlife bridge in the Netherlands it started an interesting conversation about land conservation, taxes and crime rate.
Here's what we posted on Facebook and what you said:
Saw this on another FB page - Think it would work in Wisconsin?
This is a wildlife bridge in the Netherlands. Wildlife bridges are designed to help animals cross busy highways in safety. They don't just protect wildlife from being hit by cars - they also connect fragmented habitats and help populations intermingle and breed.
The Netherlands is leading the way in designing these bridges. The country is home to more than 600 similar crossings.
- Heather Rayne It is the least we can do after destroying their world.
- Angela Duckart Maybe it would bring some more 'green' back! I'd love to see this replace billboards and junk!
- Michael Etzel that country is a leader in olmost everything .Thay give the goverment 50%of there wages in tax. they get alot for it. and gun"s are outlawed there. they have a low crime rate ,also free medical SEE it WORKS there.
- William Christman This should be mandatory. Now they can actually post a deer crossing sign and it's designated.
- William Christman Politicians are cheap on something the people want.
- Patsie Kieliszewski Haha! Sure it would work...because animals are smart, so if we post signs, directing them to the safe crossing, they would go there. LOL!