The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for the Caledonia area as the Root River Canal in Raymond is expected to reach the flood stage Tuesday night.
Only minor flooding is expected and the water level is forecasted to be below the flood stage sometime tonight.
According to the National Weather Service, a baseball field near 6 Mile Road is flooded, and rural and agricultural lands are expected to be impacted.
This afternoon, the Root River crested over the bank near Linwood Park and the water level is about 2 feet from the top of the bridge over 5 Mile Road. The Caledonia Police have also closed the road near the 8800 block of County Line Road due to flooding problems.
On Sunday the Caledonia Police responded to numerous calls of people having water issues:
- Water was over a driveway at 3:33 p.m. at a residence in the 7200 Lakeshore Drive.
- Water was going over the road at 4:18 p.m. on Four Mile Road just west of Highway 31.
- Ditches were overflowing and the water backed up at 4:44 p.m. at a residence at 2455 4 1/2 Mile Road.
- High water at 4:59 p.m. in the 5100 block of Four Mile Road.
- Water was back up to a garage because of blocked culverts at 6:19 p.m. Four Mile Road.
- Water was coming down the street and into an attached garage at 7:34 p.m. at a residence located at 3447 South Lane.