Total cost of the project is $410,000 and was included in the village's 2013 budget.
Some of the work being done includes:
- The addition of a foyer with a separating door to help keep heating and cooling costs down and allow visitors to buzz for entrance;
- Upgraded restrooms to serve both male and female fire fighters;
- Improved design of office administration areas and offices to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and increase use of space;
- Replacing windows with energy efficient models; and
- Fairly extensive work in the equipment bay like reconstructing drains, rebuilding the masonry above overhead doors, and replacing rusted service doors.