When residents head to the polls for the Feb. 21 primary election, they need to remember to have with them a photo ID. This is the first election since the Voter ID was passed last year that requires all registered voters to show a government-issued photo ID in order to cast a ballot. Polling hours will be held 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Length of term: Three years
Pay: $3,600 per year
Who is on the ballot?
- Scott Brownell, 53, 6001 Trefoil Circle, pastor at Racine Assembly of God.
- Gretchen L. Warner (incumbent) 56, 2716 Red Fawn Court, CEO of the American Board of Funeral Service Education. Warner is seeking a third term in office.
- Kimberly M. Plache (incumbent) 51, 110 Emerald Drive, works as a senior community relations officer for the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority. Plache is seeking her second term in office.
- Roger Pfost, 80, of 3114 Caledonia St., retired. Worked as a real estate agent, a business operations manager, an operational systems consultant and an insurance claims manager.
- Brian Dey, 47, 4216 Mona Park Rd., President/CEO Turf Management, Inc. and Weed Commissioner for the Village of Caledonia. Racine Unified School District Board of Education 2005-2007; RUSD BOE Legislation Committee 2007-2008; RUSD BOE Business Management Committee 2005-2006; RUSD BOE Audit Committee 2007-2008; RUSD BOE Grievance Committee 2008; RUSD BOE Superintendent Search Committee 2008; Village of Caledonia Parks & Recreation Commission 2007-2009; Village of Caledonia Parks & Recreation Commission President 2009.
- Don J. Nielsen (incumbent) 65, 3317 N. Wisconsin St., retired from RUSD as a counselor at the Academy and Mack Center. Running for his third term on the school board.
- Kevin Cronin*
*Kevin Cronin said he would no longer campaign for the job. Even though his name will still be on the ballot, Cronin said he just got a second shift job and he won't be able to attend meetings.
Where to vote in Caledonia:
WARDS 1 & 2 St. Louis Church, 13207 Hwy G
WARDS 3, 4 & 5 Franksville Methodist Church, 10402 Northwestern Avenue
WARDS 9, 10 & 12 St. Andrew Church, 1015 - 4 Mile Road
WARDS 14, 15 & 17 East Side Community Center, 6156 Douglas Avenue
WARDS 16, 18 & 19 Prince of Peace, 4360 6 Mile Road
WARDS 6, 7 & 20 Holy Communion Lutheran Church, 5040 Northwestern Avenue
WARDS 8, 11 & 13 Grace Church, 3626 Hwy 31
Where to vote in Mount Pleasant:
WARDS 1, 2 & 16 Fellowship Baptist Church, 5607 Wright Avenue
WARDS 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7 Peace Lutheran, 1616 North Newman Road
WARDS 8 & 9 Assembly of God, 1325 Airline Road
WARDS 10, 11, 12, & 15 Mount Pleasant Village Campus, 8811 Campus Drive
WARDS 13 & 14 Franksville Park Hall, 9614 West Highway K
WARDS 17, 18 & 20 Messiah Lutheran, 3015 Pritchard Drive
WARDS 19, 21, 22, & 23 Concordia School, 3350 Lathrop Ave.
Where to vote in Sturtevant:
ALL WARDS Sturtevant Village Hall, 2801 89th Street, Sturtevant