Sunday, January 27, 2013
The Caledonia man police say called 911 to make a bomb threat against a bar he had been booted from could go to prison if convicted of making a bomb scare.
The man accused of threatening to blow up a Mount Pleasant bar has been charged with making a bomb scare. Regis C. Brown, 32, of Caledonia, could face prison time if convicted, as well as a fine of up to $10,000. On Jan. 5, Mount Pleasant police went to Mixers Lounge, 6501 Washington Ave., after a bomb threat had been reported to 911 for the business. The caller told a dispatcher there was a bomb inside Paradise Lanes and that everyone should “get their ass out right now.” When officers arrived, they evacuated patrons. According to the criminal complaint, a bartender said a man had been kicked out earlier that night and was upset about it. A patron gave officers the name of the booted customer, and another one gave officers his contact …
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Here are our top most read stories from this week. We've got everything from a woman who got into hot water with police for not registering as a sex offender to a boy getting charged with making a bomb threat.
Caledonia Sex Offender Charged in Connection With Oak Creek Purse Theft Romney Gets High Marks at Patch Debate Viewing Party Updated: Freshman Boy in Custody for 'Bomb' That Locked Down Park HS Man Angered After Woman Wouldn't Buy His Alcohol And Meds, Police Say Teen Runs From Cops, Now Faces Drug and Gun Charges
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
The Racine Police Department confirmed Tuesday afternoon in a written release that a 14-year-old boy is in custody for attempting to leave a bomb in a trash can at Park High School.
Updated 2:59 p.m. The Racine Police Department confirmed Tuesday afternoon in a written release that a freshman boy is in custody for causing the Tuesday morning lockdown of Washington Park High School. "A 14 year old student of Park High School has been apprehended for Recklessly Endangering Safety and Possession of Explosive Materials and (he has been) placed in secure detention," wrote Sgt. Martin Pavalonis, spokesperson for the RPD. Despite tips into Patch about additional suspects or persons of interest, Pavalonis said police do not have anyone else in custody. "No other apprehensions have resulted, and currently there are no other persons in custody," he wrote in an email to Patch. Racine police responded to Park High School at 8:10 …
Friday, May 4, 2012
Mount Pleasant Police say company officials got word about a suspicious threat Friday morning and evacuated the plant on Durand Avenue.
**Updated 10:25 am, May 2, 2012. The CNH plant on Durand Avenue has been declared clear and employees are back at work after company officials there received word about a suspicious threat. Patch received a call from someone close to the situation who said the bomb threat may have been found in the women's bathroom. According to the caller, the message detailed four bombs scheduled to go off at 7:30 am. Mount Pleasant Police and members of the CNH plant supervisory team conducted a sweep of the facility and didn't find anything. Employees were reportedly allowed back to work shortly after 9 am, MPPD Captain Brian Smith confirmed. He was not able to confirm where the threat was discovered or what it said. "I can't confirm at this time any …