Too much holiday togetherness at your house or maybe the Bumpus’ dogs got your Christmas goose? Or need a last-minute gift?
Here are a few places that will be open on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
Last minute shopping
There are lots of opportunities on Christmas Eve for purchasing last-minute gifts, at department stores and at locally-owned shops.
- Regency Mall will be open until 6 p.m.
- Walmart closes at 8 p.m. Monday and re-opens at 5 a.m. Wednesday.
- Walgreen's is always an option (and we know from experience!) for a last-minute gift. The location at Highways 31 and 11 is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday.
- Home Depot is open until 5 p.m. Christmas Eve and closed on Christmas Day.
Locally-owned shop hours vary.
- Mocha Lisa is open until noon and Copacetic until 2 p.m.
- Ceramic Gardens is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is offering 50 percent off finished Christmas items.
For other places, call ahead to find out what time they will be open until.
All that holiday cooking can really wear on a person. There is relief, though.
- Cabbage Heads is open on Christmas Eve from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Summit Restaurant is open on Christmas Eve from 4 to 8 p.m. and serving Christmas Day brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and dinner from noon to 6 p.m.
- Georgie Porgie's is open Monday until 3 p.m. to ofter fuel for frantic Christmas Eve shoppers. Or, stop in before you shop for their once-a-year breakfast: pancakes and frozen custard!
- Blue Diamond is open until 2 p.m. each day for breakfast and lunch.
- The Stone Corral Mexican restaurant is open from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Christmas Eve and from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Christmas Day.
- Another option on Christmas Day is Hibachi Grill.
Bars open include Scores and the Brass Monkey. On Christmas Day, Toad Hall, 611 Wisconsin, in Downtown Racine, is having a crappy gift exchange at 7 p.m.
Movie or fun activity ideas
Sometimes you just want to chill, right? Too much of it all.
both in South Shore in Oak Creek and Renaissance Cinema in Sturtevant, are open. Jack Reacher, Wreck-It Ralph, The Hobitt and Cirque de Soleil are all within your reach.
Christmas Eve there are show times until late afternoon and then all day on Christmas Day.
Another option on Christmas Eve is a family trip to the Christmas Carnival of Lights at the Yogi Bear's Jellystone Camp Resort. They’re open until 9 p.m.